- Location
- scotland, ontario
CIL pneumatic bullets. Bought three boxes of CIL Dominion 30-30, 150 grain pneumatic bullets.They look like a solid with a dimpled point. Does anyone have any knowledge of these or used these bullets.
From cartridgecollectors.org: The projectile was developed to avoid deflection in the bush. As the Dominion Catalogue states "It has an "air-chamber ensuring the bullet mushrooming perfectly on hitting the point at which it is aimed. The bullet is particularly adapted for use in magazine rifles."
I shot that same stuff out of my Model 94 all my teenage years.
As I recall it was sold back in the days when CIL still made Dominion ammo and it carried on into the foil box Imperial days of the 1970's.
It was good ammunition back then.
If I were to dig deep enough I could likely still find a few rounds of it laying about in the reloading room.
About that same time there was also 170 grain KKSP exposed lead tips and for a short time round nose plastic Sabre Tips.
KKSP if I remember right stood for "Kling Kor Soft Point".



























