New .455 webley bullet?

The best bullets ive shot yet in a 476 caliber Enfield MKII and WG revolvers is a RNHB .458 bullets i have.
They fill out and shoot really good even in the enfield MKII revolvers.
I got mine custom cast local and am very impressed with them.

Trying to get any bullets to shoot good in a 476 cal guns is tough because the orignal 476 bullets were Heeled bullets.

Anyway i know thats nothing to do with this mold but for years i have used theses RNHB bullets sized .458 and they do work in the .460 dia bore guns.

Also a trick if you have a gun thats 476 chambered then a 45 schofield case will chamber nice with the forward side of the ruim thined to 455 case thickness in most guns. some guns WG mainly you dont even need to thin the rims on some guns.
Enfield MKIIs tho you gota thin the rims on the forward side.
I use my custom bullets in the rim thinned 45 schofield case putting the bullets even closer to the forceing cone that the orignal 476 cal rounds. ;)

Im getting nice groups useing Trail boss loads. Its nice to finely get theses 476 cal guns to shoot good. :)

I've got 3 x .476 chambered webleys that accept unaltered Starline .45 Schofield brass, so either I'm very lucky or it's more common than we thought. You're right, it can be challenging to find good bullets for a .476. My RIC shoots well with everything but the bore is actually .455-.456 on it. I've got a .457 HB mould on order. Should be a good one for the .476. The thread topic bullet - 220 gr FB .456" Lee - works pretty well too. It's more accuarte bullet than what I have been using up to now in the WG.
 
Last edited:
0012-4.jpg


0014-5.jpg
 
For those who were wondering where to find it, this mold has been offered by Lee for a while as the choice for Ruger old army cap and ball revolvers. It is in the black powder mold section of Lee's site.
 
For those who were wondering where to find it, this mold has been offered by Lee for a while as the choice for Ruger old army cap and ball revolvers. It is in the black powder mold section of Lee's site.

I bought mine off the shelf at WSS edmonton south for about $25, c/w handles.
 
Back
Top Bottom