NEW*** "a cartridge a day"

lannard

Regular
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
with a little help from a fellow cgnner, i was able to identify this as a 577/450
enjoy!

004.jpg
 
577/450

The original cartridges were made from rolled brass, (by soldiers children). The paper is a wrap (paper patch) around the smooth sided bullet.

The 577/450 was developed for the Martini Henry, which replaced the Snider Enfield in British Army use & was used in the Zulu & many other Victorian Wars. Loaded with 85 grains of Black Powder.

Peter (Burlington, Ontario)

Phew.... I wouldnt pull the trigger on that thing..... is that construction paper?
 
here is a 22 bb cap. not totally extinct, but not to far from it. this was mostly used for indoor shooting, this particular duo comes from a tin of rws that i found in a flooded basement, inside a drybox.

rimfire029.jpg
 
I have a bag of those except these are pointed. looks like a 22cal pellet stuffed in a case. I think they forgot to add the powder. most worn out pellet guns have more power.
 
Back
Top Bottom