- Location
- Smithers, B.C.
Hello,
I am just getting into the idea of shooting black powder, and have done a touch of research into the matter. I am interested in shooting historical/replica flintlock or "copper fulminate" pellet types of black powder rifles, particularly carbines. I spoke to one gentleman in Ontario and he said many replicas are over $1000.00! I am a student, with little money, and am looking for a wood and metal replica of sorts, for less than that amount. What can you suggest?
I am unsure what equipment I need. I have heard you need a powder measure, a mold, a source for lead, a melting set, a carbine/rifle, and a black powder cleaning solution.
Thanks,
Drach
I am just getting into the idea of shooting black powder, and have done a touch of research into the matter. I am interested in shooting historical/replica flintlock or "copper fulminate" pellet types of black powder rifles, particularly carbines. I spoke to one gentleman in Ontario and he said many replicas are over $1000.00! I am a student, with little money, and am looking for a wood and metal replica of sorts, for less than that amount. What can you suggest?
I am unsure what equipment I need. I have heard you need a powder measure, a mold, a source for lead, a melting set, a carbine/rifle, and a black powder cleaning solution.
Thanks,
Drach


















































