New life for the Ol girl

One thing i noticed was how close a 1911 barrel was to fitting without needing much machining at all for the snider this one is from my 12-6 commander pistol the barrel fits inside the snider barrel,not that i would use it for that.

Wow ?........now 1911 barrel in 9mm insert would be cool maybe ? With low loads of course.
 
I have a .38 Super barrel that I don't use. Fitted to a breech collar, and reamed to .38SP, might work nicely as a chamber insert. I am always on the lookout for take-off .35 rifle barrels for this sort of project, but have never had any luck.
 
Went up to the range today and fired off 50 .44 webley b.p. rounds it's not very accurate with a short smooth bore barrel but i didn't think it would be
the first picture was 10 rounds about 50 feet away it shot high and i had a few misses.



you can see here how hard the firing pin was hitting like mooncoon was saying

 
I have a .38 Super barrel that I don't use. Fitted to a breech collar, and reamed to .38SP, might work nicely as a chamber insert. I am always on the lookout for take-off .35 rifle barrels for this sort of project, but have never had any luck.

The only problem I see with pistol barrels as inserts is that they would need to be permanent...as they are to long to slide in and out ?
 
For anyone doing this, consider the krieghoff designs that have a built in extractor attached to the insert - the gun's extractor/ejector acts on the insert's extractor and allows you to eject the case without having to remove the adapter and poke the case out with a stick. Pretty slick design and well worth the effort if space allows for it.
 
Back
Top Bottom