new made flintlock vs new made caplock

camerl2009

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Location
windsor,ontario
so i dont get this to me there is no ddifference in the 2 other then ones a flinter and the other one is a caplock

what make a new made flintlock long gun a antique ?

what makes a new made caplock long gun non restricted ?

a well tuned flintlock will do the same as the caplock idk i guess the flintlock is a more primitive gun

that said i still love flintlocks and dont shoot caplock so much some about the flintlock i guess its becuse i can keep the thing shooting as long as i have powder and flint.


but im looking for a caplock (civil war type) to do some testing of the minie ball nothing to fancy for the test some stacked plywood(or other slavged wood) for test media
 
Fortunately those who drafted the legislation and regulations were ignorant of the fact that a properly tuned, properly managed flintlock is just about as effective as a percussion gun. No doubt when this error is known, the law and regulations will be amended by a future government.

Used reproduction Zouave rifles are often seen for sale at reasonable prices.

Making a flintlock rifle bored for use with Minie bullets would be no more difficult than making any other flintlock longarm.
 
Fortunately those who drafted the legislation and regulations were ignorant of the fact that a properly tuned, properly managed flintlock is just about as effective as a percussion gun. No doubt when this error is known, the law and regulations will be amended by a future government.

Used reproduction Zouave rifles are often seen for sale at reasonable prices.

Making a flintlock rifle bored for use with Minie bullets would be no more difficult than making any other flintlock longarm.

yes im a maker but the barrels are sold out every where lol and right now i dont have the time to make one im building my double barrel flintlock shotgun
and thats going to take a bit of time now

i was looking at a IMA 1853 enfield made in nepal but its a chance i dont want to take alot of them are in bad shape and its the luck of the draw
 
Fortunately those who drafted the legislation and regulations were ignorant of the fact that a properly tuned, properly managed flintlock is just about as effective as a percussion gun. No doubt when this error is known, the law and regulations will be amended by a future government..

I don't think that is the reason. I think it has more to do with re enactments being big business in eastern Canada. Were it not for that, I think the government would have made all modern made muzzle loaders modern and probably would even have included pre 1898 antiques.

cheers mooncoon
 
......I think it has more to do with re enactments being big business in eastern Canada. Were it not for that, I think the government would have made all modern made muzzle loaders modern and probably would even have included pre 1898 antiques.

I heard the same stories over the years from those involved in re-enacting.
I'm not exactly sure why, but can only speculate that there were not many pictures of flintlocks in the books that the lefties used to ban/force register under our fckd up legislation. :rolleyes:

No doubt when this error is known, the law and regulations will be amended by a future government.

Of this, however, I have to agree. Moreso as an opportunity for any leftist government to reap more tax dollars from a growing segment of the shooting community - that they're not getting now.
 
Registering reproduction arms would have been an assle for Parks Canada as well since they have a lot of replica flintlocks across Canada... Same goes for canons...
 
Registering reproduction arms would have been an assle for Parks Canada as well since they have a lot of replica flintlocks across Canada... Same goes for canons...

yep speeking of cannons im looking at a few for the near future :D

but i mean heck anyone ever see how the put a SN on a new made caplock a sticky lol first time you go to clean it it falls off :rolleyes:
 
I heard the same stories over the years from those involved in re-enacting.
I'm not exactly sure why, but can only speculate that there were not many pictures of flintlocks in the books that the lefties used to ban/force register under our fckd up legislation. .

I don't think that is the reason because the FRT system is short many many photos of gun makes and models. The number of images has increased considerably since its inception but it is still a long way short of images for all

cheers mooncoon
 
I don't think that is the reason because the FRT system is short many many photos of gun makes and models. The number of images has increased considerably since its inception but it is still a long way short of images for all
Actually, I was on this side of being sarcastic...... ;)
I honestly don't think they gave much thought to flinters, as I'm sure they're continued thinking focuses on high rate of fire firearms, not; "wait a minute, I need to prime the pan!".
 
flinters are much more reliable as well,lol wade

a well tuned one will work no matter what as long as your flint is sharp and powder dry it will spark every time

i love flinters but for these test id like to stay civil war time frame

i hate the long gun regsitry and its a pain with side locks
 
Soon as there's a drive by with a flintlock the law will quickly change. Or when bank robbers figure 'hey a flinter is cheaper than a illegal pistol'

lol gang bangers and hood rats dont know what a flintlock is or how to use it
and a illegal handgun is cheaper then a flintlock :eek:

lol :cheers:
 
Back
Top Bottom