New to old

HKNova6

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Location
Middle Earth, NS
Hey CGN

I think I want a 44-40 lever.

What should I look for in a used lever gun?

I can’t pony up the big bucks for an Uberti or something fancy Like that.

Not looking for a collector. Just a shooter.

Any input is much appreciated.!

Thanks in advance
 
Winchesters swing about 30 - 40 % for basically the same gun. Winnie Fanboys will tell you they are worth the extra money... can't see it myself.
Henry... lil too shiny for my taste.
 
I would suggest if you want to shoot, get a Uberti 1873 Winchester in .44-40.

Components are readily available.

Antique Winchester are more expensive and JM Marlins in .44-40 are really hard to find at a reasonable price.

At a gun show I picked up a Armi San Paolo copy of a Winchester 1873 carbine for $850.00 in like new condition, but it was made in 1980 and the firing pin need replacement.

Not all Winchester and Uberti 1873 parts are interchangeable.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom