Cocked&Locked
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- S. Ontario
So, the black powder handgun bug is biting hard, and I've just put money down on a uberti Walker replica to live with the new army and Harper's ferry flinty.
I'm wondering what to use as a load on the walker. I know the originals would take 60 gns...but other then for giggles, i can't see shooting it that way all the time, as it would burn thru powder at an alarming rate. With the remington i normally get great accuracy around 22-26 gn....but i'm wondering if that would fill enough of the chambers on the walker to let the rammer take effect?
any advice or thoughts welcome...or a source for conicals, just to try as all i've shot out of the remington is ball.
I'm wondering what to use as a load on the walker. I know the originals would take 60 gns...but other then for giggles, i can't see shooting it that way all the time, as it would burn thru powder at an alarming rate. With the remington i normally get great accuracy around 22-26 gn....but i'm wondering if that would fill enough of the chambers on the walker to let the rammer take effect?
any advice or thoughts welcome...or a source for conicals, just to try as all i've shot out of the remington is ball.




























If you're after a reduced but strong enough charge that you feel like you're shooting something serious I suspect you'll end up somewhere between 30 to 40 gns. If looking for ultimate accuracy then it could be anything from 6 to 60 of course.





















