Newb need 8mm mauser

brit84

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Location
BC
Looking for bulk or cheaper 8mm mauser ammo, dont like paying 30$/20rds.

Any leads ar help? I live in Northern BC
Thanks!!!
 
Same predigament, Ottawa Region. Marstar had 25.50$ but 14$ shiping and handling (Per order not box, therefore larger orders will reduce price).
Any Surplus? All I can find on the net is in the US and they dont ship north.
 
Reload. The supplies of inexpensive milsurp 8mm Mauser are gone.
Igman(Epp's) or Privi Partizan may be a bit less expensive than commercial hunting ammo, but unless you can find them locally, shipping costs will negate any cost savings.
 
Have you tried Milarm? They were selling some yugoslavian milsurp in 8mm, it is up on their website. They state they are sold out of case lots, but may still be selling individual boxes.
 
Milarm

My experience has been good. Have purchased both firearms (FN49 8mm) and ammunition (Romanian surplus 8mm) from them. As for the Yugo, I think they have 50s stuff rather than 70s stuff right now. Others here can perhaps attest to the differences between the two. I've heard the 70s-vintage stuff is better, but I've never shot either, so can't say for sure.


Ok, answered my own question with Google search.
Reputable company?
 
The Yugo cases that came out of Milarm is/was fantastic ( my lot was '53 dated )and in perfect condition sealed crates . Milarm also sold the romanian. I bought this from them for $8/box I think.

Watch the EE. I bought 1000 rounds of Czech 8mm from there and that stuff is great :)

Epps was selling Igman SP for $12.99/box 1-2 years ago. ( excellent brass )

S&B is excellent, loaded full power, but is expensive. But not Winchester expensive.

There are still deals out there... Just gotta keep an eye out for it.
 
I've also send word to Milarm and am waiting a reply, thanks for the heads up. So many companies I dont know about.
Are the surplus rounds on stripper clips?
 
The Yugo out of Milarm(53') was not on strippers. I am not sure what years/lots had the strippers, cause all of my 55' yugo was on stripper.

If you order from Milarm, talk to Gordon, he is fantasic to deal with.





 
Last edited:
I ordered 360 cartriges for 160$+65$s&h+11.50$GST+5.5$residential delivery. Not as expensive as Winchester but not as cheap as I was expecting. A lot more attractive a price if you can pick it up though. I`ll still be keeping an eye on other stocks.
 
Back
Top Bottom