Newbie Question

GlenGill

New member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
P.E.I.
Purchased a traditions vortek in line and new to muzzle loading. I have no club even close. Planning on using blackhorn 209 and wondering about powder measuring. Warning, this may be a very uneducated question. I have a scale but looked on the blackhorn site to see that powder is measured in volume and not weight?? Can someone tell me the process of measuring out charge loads? Do I need a powder measure or use my scale. If I use a powder measure what one should I look at purchasing?

As usual any help is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Glen
 
Last edited:
Buy a powder measure for black powder. Do not use a scale. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Better to read and ask than to make a mistake and get hurt.
As for type of the measure everyone has their preference. I use plain brass with 50 grain spout and a replica as well. For an in line there's plastic set up that you can preload and keep few with you. Not sure how exactly they work cause I never used online.
 
Back
Top Bottom