Well I lost my bp virginity to a tc 54 cal rifle and loved it.That was just about a year ago. Well I finally picked up a tc hawken 54 cal out of the ee this past week.So some questions for you fine folk..From start to finish...ahemm
What is the best cap to buy and what size? I have read the above stickies and using patch lube but what for patches? What material? The one I was shooting we were using ffg powder..good or should I switch? How many grains of powder? Whats bottom end and top end? What all do I need to get started in it full time? I want to make one trip to edmonton,pick up everything so that when I get back here I can go out and burn some powder.
Also one last question...I believe the hawken is a 1:48 twist..can I shoot a conical,or buffalo bullet,or a minnie out of it or should I stick with a round ball? Sabots maybe?? Also does any one know of a source for say a lee .54 round ball mold? I checked wss and they dont list anything..I already cast my own pistol slugs so just need a good mold...
Help please....thx folks...Ice..
What is the best cap to buy and what size? I have read the above stickies and using patch lube but what for patches? What material? The one I was shooting we were using ffg powder..good or should I switch? How many grains of powder? Whats bottom end and top end? What all do I need to get started in it full time? I want to make one trip to edmonton,pick up everything so that when I get back here I can go out and burn some powder.
Also one last question...I believe the hawken is a 1:48 twist..can I shoot a conical,or buffalo bullet,or a minnie out of it or should I stick with a round ball? Sabots maybe?? Also does any one know of a source for say a lee .54 round ball mold? I checked wss and they dont list anything..I already cast my own pistol slugs so just need a good mold...
Help please....thx folks...Ice..


















































