WolfyW Regular Rating - 100% 2 0 0 Location Southern Canada May 1, 2013 #1 Installing a new nipple on a caplock rifle : do you put anything on the threads before installing a new nipple ?
Installing a new nipple on a caplock rifle : do you put anything on the threads before installing a new nipple ?
N NorthCoastBigBore CGN frequent flyer Rating - 100% 64 0 0 Location Northwest BC (Rural) 103-I-## May 1, 2013 #2 I never have, without issue. Only my experience.
E Easyrider Regular Rating - 100% 5 0 0 Location Southwestern Manitoba May 1, 2013 #3 If you use some teflon tape on the threads, it won't seize in there.
FALover CGN frequent flyer Rating - 100% 145 0 0 Location close to the waters edge May 1, 2013 #5 CVA Slick breech plug/nipple grease.
T tiriaq Super Moderator Moderating Team Rating - 100% 252 0 0 May 1, 2013 #6 I just apply a dab of grease.
plinker 777 BANNED BANNED BANNED EE Expired Rating - 100% 70 0 1 Location South East of the Center of the Universe. May 1, 2013 #7 ...or oil, they're in and out often enough not to be a concern. Its a storage thing really.
Musketfire CGN frequent flyer EE Expired Rating - 100% 11 0 0 Location Algoma region May 2, 2013 #8 tiriaq said: I just apply a dab of grease. Click to expand... x2, I use high pressure grease, its cheap and really useful.
tiriaq said: I just apply a dab of grease. Click to expand... x2, I use high pressure grease, its cheap and really useful.
S sail32 CGN Ultra frequent flyer EE Expired Rating - 100% 37 0 0 Location Vancouver, BC May 2, 2013 #10 I used to use Teflon Tape but now I just use Ballistol Oil.