I thought I would report in with my newest projects although progress on the Sharp's has been slow. Too many other commitments :>(
The first photos are of a new model 1869 Sharp's in 44-60 which has been through a fire. As found, the tumbler was broken, main spring had lost its temper and all but the rear trigger and trigger plate were missing of the trigger assembly. Also the lever pivot was missing and its detente was completely frozen in place. The bore seems shootable and as soon as I restock the gun plus make an extractor and a lever tensioning spring, I intend to try it. I was able to weld extra material onto the tumbler and file that to shape rather than making a complete new tumbler; saved a lot of time. The front set trigger was significant challenge but luckily I had one to copy. Hopefully in another couple of weeks the gun will be shooting.
The second gun is a Spencer rifle that I intend to restore for the local military museum. It appears to have been dug up somewhere and is covered with a fine fine brown dust. Most recently it was found in a local garage sale for $20. Ultimately I hope to have it shootable and suitable for display.
cheers mooncoon
The first photos are of a new model 1869 Sharp's in 44-60 which has been through a fire. As found, the tumbler was broken, main spring had lost its temper and all but the rear trigger and trigger plate were missing of the trigger assembly. Also the lever pivot was missing and its detente was completely frozen in place. The bore seems shootable and as soon as I restock the gun plus make an extractor and a lever tensioning spring, I intend to try it. I was able to weld extra material onto the tumbler and file that to shape rather than making a complete new tumbler; saved a lot of time. The front set trigger was significant challenge but luckily I had one to copy. Hopefully in another couple of weeks the gun will be shooting.
The second gun is a Spencer rifle that I intend to restore for the local military museum. It appears to have been dug up somewhere and is covered with a fine fine brown dust. Most recently it was found in a local garage sale for $20. Ultimately I hope to have it shootable and suitable for display.
cheers mooncoon
Last edited:


















































