I had the good fortune to pick up another trade gun a couple of days ago and thought I would post some photos for the group to see. This one is stamped Parker Field and Co, 1875 and appears to be one of those rare guns that were rumoured to have sat unused in a Hudson Bay Co back room somewhere. It had been in the previous owner's family since 1947.
Interesting in that the barrel is blued, probably fire bluing with about 70 or 80% remaining. The barrel is 42" long and is 24 gauge. The fox stamp on the butt is as sharp as the day it was put there. I added a photo of an early gun from around 1800, from Quebec, and a Barnett percussion gun stamped 1885 for comparison. The early flinter has a replacement lock that I made because the lock was missing when I received that gun.
cheers mooncoon
Interesting in that the barrel is blued, probably fire bluing with about 70 or 80% remaining. The barrel is 42" long and is 24 gauge. The fox stamp on the butt is as sharp as the day it was put there. I added a photo of an early gun from around 1800, from Quebec, and a Barnett percussion gun stamped 1885 for comparison. The early flinter has a replacement lock that I made because the lock was missing when I received that gun.
cheers mooncoon


















































