Nice to see a company (T/C) with quality assurence + quick question(pics)

safety first

Regular
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just got a T/C Triumph and this was in the box



The design is now 3-4 years old and I'm feeling pretty confident when I go to Selkirk Game and Fish to site in this week, it's going to be a good time.



I've after much research I've decided on using White Hots and 250gr. SST's

The only thing is having to screw in the reamer to the rod before using in the field. That's an odd design choice. Probably some reasons I'm not aware of, like a full length rod wouldn't fit under the barrel

It feels great on the shoulder

Quick question for the guys: Does this scope look too high? It's Burris Zee Middle height's
 
ratay.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Thanks for the scope check-out, I was at Selkirk sighting in, and I found the Triumph to be stunningly accurate. The scope was in a good spot, like you were saying

I have total confidence with my shots

The big thing I picked up was my technique for pushing the sabot in that last 2 inches, it needs a bit of a ramming. It would seem that because of the tight fit, it produces the famous muzzle ring down near the breech end. Nick at Cabela's suggested it was from using regular shotgun 209's instead of muzzle specific 209's. I have the muzzle 209's and I still found I had a build up there. I think the sabot shaves the barrel clean and pushed up a ring as it is rammed backwards.


I went with white hots partially due to guys saying the 777 was dirtier, but if you've tried both and went back , it may be worth me grabbing a box of 777 to try out. They are certainly popular if not the main propellant to use.

The rifle came with some yellow tipped/black sabot rounds, but I found them wayyyyyyyy to tight to feel comfortable ramming them down. That would be quite a bit of force to do, and when the SST's went in so reasonably , I was worried about the pressure build up. The SST's were just a micro bit smaller diameter on the sabot.

Obviously T/C put them in with the gun, so they should be fine to shoot, but seriously it felt like major forcing it to fit, and that just didn't seem right.
 
Back
Top Bottom