Nickel plated black powder cleaning.

SixesWild

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there, I'll Keep this short and sweet. Ive been shooting cap n ball revolver for a lil bit now, and I was thinking of upgrading from the second hand beater I started with. I'm leaning towards an 1860 army variant from Pietta (I'll get uberti in the future possibly). Anyway, seeing as how marstar moves at the speed of government, when it comes to getting new stock, I was thinking of picking up one of the newly listed Nickel Plated 1860's (steel frame of course). I was wondering what special care I may have to preform on it since its both Nickel plated and a BP firearm. Should I worry about extra corrosion damaging the copper/nickel layer? Or would something non corrosive like Butch BP bore shine be my best bet for cleaning? Also, any thoughts on damage to the plating I may run into in the ram rod hinges or toothed cam region on the barrel? Impart to me your knowledge O sages of nickel.

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-pietta/images/PT-CABNIG44-L.jpg

this is the critter, lil torn as to getting that or waiting for more 'case hardened' stuff to arrive.
 
SIXESWILD;
" Anyway, seeing as how marstar moves at the speed of government, when it comes to getting new stock, "

And what did we not get for you ??
We just received a very large shipment of Piettas, we are updating....
John
 
Had been looking at the standard 1860 army PT-CAS44, but for the past couple months or so, its just been listed as out of stock. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, waiting was just a bit of a humdrum. Although I did also notice the 'upcoming' models the unit with nickel engraving and lanyard ring on a full 1860 size grip, or the model with full size 1860 grip, mildly faded greyish patina and fluted cylinder. I daresay I like them better, any guesstimate on how distant their arrival may be, should I stick it out and wait? thanks :)
 
Back
Top Bottom