Nipple wrench needed

johnod

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Location
S. Ontario
I'm new to black powder, and have just bought a pistol, and am collecting all the other stuff needed.

So today decide to take apart my new to me pistol, and check and clean it before using.

Went to take nipples off and got 1 off the rest seem to be in there goooood, just rounded of the shoulders on the wrench i got from cabellas.

Is there a quality wrench out there somone can recommend, a source would be good too.
It's a 36 cal uberti pistol.

Or has someone got a trick to remove stuck nipples?

Thanks
 
I made my own nipple wrench from a cheap 4.5mm socket: mounted it in a vise, filed the end flat, cut a slot across it with a hack-saw and then widened the slot with a small file to fit the nipples on my .44 Uberti 1860. It seems to work OK.
 
Last edited:
Right now I've plugged the nipples with round toothpicks and partially filled cylinders with WD40 in the hope it will leak down through.

I've an idea to apply a small amout of air pressure to cylinder and see if i can force some of it down into the threads.

Anyone see a problem there i haven't thought of ?
 
I made my own nipple wrench from a cheap 4.5mm socket: mounted it in a vise, filed the end flat, cut a slot across it with a hack-saw and then widened the slot with a small file to fit the nipples on my .44 Uberti 1860. It seems to work OK.

Yep i bet that would work.
 
Hmmm Track of the wolf eh!, sounds like a good idea. Not to hi-jack or anything, but I just got a remington new model pocket in .31 so I'm going to need a nipple wrench as well so this is a good thread.

Anyone know if 0 buckshot is a good round ball for the .31 cal pocket guns?

I see that it is online but I would rather hear from my fellow CGNr's on the matter to be honest.

You folk are important to me.
 
Last edited:
Hehehehe.... nipples.

oops...

fun-facts-about-nipples59770380-sep-20-2012-1-600x400.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom