Nitrate paper for paper cartridge,Availability

Dave.S

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
286   0   1
I was thinking of getting an 1859 Sharps Repro to round out my collection.Is Nitrate paper available in Canada,I dont feel like blowing up my house trying a home recipe unless its not that complicated.Dave
 
That's what I was going to suggest.
Been a while since I've looked but I worry that the saltpeter might be a little hard to find in the modern paranoid era. Used to be at any drugstore. There are alternatives.
 
That's what I was going to suggest.
Been a while since I've looked but I worry that the saltpeter might be a little hard to find in the modern paranoid era. Used to be at any drugstore. There are alternatives.

you can dissolve black powder in water and get a nitrate solution for treating paper. The part that remains on the bottom of the bottle is powder charcoal. Remember black powder is 75% saltpeter

cheers mooncoon
 
you can dissolve black powder in water and get a nitrate solution for treating paper. The part that remains on the bottom of the bottle is powder charcoal. Remember black powder is 75% saltpeter

cheers mooncoon

Sorry to derail the thread, would this work for paper cartridge use in a cap n ball revolver?
 
I use cigarette paper, it works great. Stick two together lengthways, then wrap them around a doweel and join the kadt half. No sing of the paper after firing.
 
Back
Top Bottom