No ammo...what gives?!

SksA1

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Location
Leduc,Alberta
So I have been going into wholesale south (Edmonton) every 2 days for the last 2 weeks looking for 8mm Mauser and 9mm Luger...the guys at the gun counter just keep laughing in my face! They have absolutely no rounds in these calibers... Is every one this short on 8mm and 9mm Luger?
 
So I have been going into wholesale south (Edmonton) every 2 days for the last 2 weeks looking for 8mm Mauser and 9mm Luger...the guys at the gun counter just keep laughing in my face! They have absolutely no rounds in these calibers... Is every one this short on 8mm and 9mm Luger?

#####ing about NoSale Sports not having any inventory = d:h:
 
Last edited:
so I went to WSS in saskatoon to buy a few thing

270 wsm dies
22-250 wsm dies
#03 rcbs shell holder
#43 rcbs shell houlder
30 cal tsx bullets
270 cal tsx bullets
22 cal varmint grenades

They did not have on of those items in stock. I mean i was looking for 30 cal tsx in 165 and they didn't have a sigle box of any 30 cal at all.

Its bad when even the people working the tills and selling the firearms are cracking jokes about never having stock.
 
so I went to WSS in saskatoon to buy a few thing

270 wsm dies
22-250 wsm dies
#03 rcbs shell holder
#43 rcbs shell houlder
30 cal tsx bullets
270 cal tsx bullets
22 cal varmint grenades

They did not have on of those items in stock. I mean i was looking for 30 cal tsx in 165 and they didn't have a sigle box of any 30 cal at all.

Its bad when even the people working the tills and selling the firearms are cracking jokes about never having stock.

If you do a search of the forum, you will find that stories like yours are a dime-a-dozen.
 
P&D and Milarm has 8mm Mauser. Don't waste your time going to WSS, they don't know what an 8mm Mauser is. I reload for mine once I built up a supply of brass. Now I don't care who stocks it.
 
pick up a paper

Look at the major ammunition or component company websites.
See anything? There is a war going on and everyone is stretched to capacity manufacturing ammunition which is in short supply world wide and wil remain so for many years.
hear about the price increases for the last 2-3 years. Supply short demand high!
Hear of a guy named Obama who scared US residents so everyone is stock piling ammunition and components.
Ask yourself a business question.
If you have military contract which don't require biliqual packaging or waiting to be paid when landed in Canada and you could sell everything you make without filling in a singe export approval document why would you ship to Canada?
End of lesson!
We have all been waiting for components and ammunition.
Dribs and drabs coming to Canada very inconsistently.
 
P&D and Milarm has 8mm Mauser. Don't waste your time going to WSS, they don't know what an 8mm Mauser is. I reload for mine once I built up a supply of brass. Now I don't care who stocks it.

X2 for P&D. Think of all the money you've spent on fuel driving right past them.:)
 
Look at the major ammunition or component company websites.
See anything? There is a war going on and everyone is stretched to capacity manufacturing ammunition which is in short supply world wide and wil remain so for many years.
hear about the price increases for the last 2-3 years. Supply short demand high!
Hear of a guy named Obama who scared US residents so everyone is stock piling ammunition and components.
Ask yourself a business question.
If you have military contract which don't require biliqual packaging or waiting to be paid when landed in Canada and you could sell everything you make without filling in a singe export approval document why would you ship to Canada?
End of lesson!
We have all been waiting for components and ammunition.
Dribs and drabs coming to Canada very inconsistently.

Actually, I find it is now easier to get powder, primers, brass and bullets than what it was a year ago.
 
So I have been going into wholesale south (Edmonton) every 2 days for the last 2 weeks looking for 8mm Mauser and 9mm Luger...the guys at the gun counter just keep laughing in my face! They have absolutely no rounds in these calibers... Is every one this short on 8mm and 9mm Luger?

I was in there about 4 times in the last 2 weeks looking for American Eagle or Remington ammo in .40 S&W and they had nothing in stock. Lots of guns in .40 S&W but no ammo, go figure.
 
Back
Top Bottom