no international shipping on gb

rgbai

Regular
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Location
b.c. interior
Just wondering if any of you have much luck talking U.S. sellers who have no international shipping on there antique guns into shipping them to canada.
Seems like all the best deals are U.S. only shipping.
 
Some just don't want to deal with it, and they get annoyed at being asked all the time, I've seen a few funny descriptions mentioning Canadians specifically.
 
Last edited:
Modify your Gunbroker search parameters to only include auctions available to Canada and you won't feel so bad if you don't see what you are missing.

Most of the guys who don't ship to Canada don't know the rules and they aren't interested in finding out, and you won't change their minds. Chances are you aren't the first Canadian who has asked them to ship here, and some of them are sick of being asked.

There is starting to be more who will ship to Canada because they are slowly learning that Canadians will pay more for antiques than the avg. American will.
 
Yeah I run into this problem alot, 80% of the guns I'v been interested in so far, the seller doesnt wanna ship to us.

It's a real pain in the arse, but what do you do I guess.
 
Too bad more Canadians wouldn't refuse to ship to the USA. They don't have much of a sense of humour when the tables get turned on them. I had an interesting piece of US military history once that I advertised on an auction site and in the shipping area I put that I absolutley would not ship to the USA! The rules don't work so well then. I was advised very uncerimoniously that I could not do that. I will ship zero there still and don't attempt to buy anything internationally any more to save the anxiety.
 
90% of the time they just don't want to deal with it - they don't know the rules, don't like canada, don't want their guns leaving the country. Lots of antiques in canada if you look.
 
Population of Canada: 34,000,000 + retarded gun laws.

Population of the USA: 311,000,000 + much less retarded gun laws, despite a useless hardcore socialist in the White House.


Now... if you lived in the US and sold antiques, would you really bother with Canadians? For every "Canadian sale" you miss, you have 10 potential Americans to sell the same item to... with much less hassle and delays. Plus you never know how things will go at the border and whether or not some retardo CBSA agent will decide to confiscate your perfectly legal antique for reasons unknown, which the buyer will certainly blame you for and leave a sh*tty feedback afterwards. In short, too much hassle and too little potential gain. I'm amazed any of them are willing to do it at all, probably only because they feel sorry for us up here! :rolleyes:

All in all, although it sucks big time that most of them don't want to ship to Canada, I totally understand our American counterparts when they refuse to ship "up north". If we stay strong and united and successfully manage to change gun laws & policies up here, the problem might go away at some point in time. But for now, it is what it is... and the only hope rests with YOU and YOUR family & close friends when you all go voting next election. After all, there's only one political party that's willing to back us.

;)
 
If you go through Prophet River Firearms, he should give you a US address and FFL. I've bought a few firearms in the USA. They don't need to know it is ultimately going to wind up in Canada. All they need to know is the US address to ship it to.

If it an antique, then just have them ship it to a friend's place in the USA and pick it up at your leisure, or have the friend send it to Canada along with the proof of antique status (which you mail to your friend).
 
Like the Win man says! Get yourself a Canadian-friendly FFL dealer, I'm sure most of them are earning less money these days and would be more than happy to be educated about Canadian antique laws and a new source of revenue. Get yourself the antique letter from the RCMP, based on GB pictures / descriptions, send it down to accompany the package back to you, and trouble should be little if any.

Just another warning though: I just got a GB-auction package that took 2 months in the mail, tracked into Canada on the second day and shipped priority mail, properly declared etc. Disappeared and untraceable after that. No sign of customs ever seeing it. Things are getting quite silly. A few of the really decent sellers are getting nervous to ship to Canada because of crap like this, they're worried about getting bad feedback compliments of an increasingly idiotic postal system. Just in case there aren't enough problems here yet.

Good to have friends down there, or FFLs, or someone in the firearms export business. Even the exporters don't charge more than $75 for an antique firearm (at least the ones I know), my FFL charges much less than that.
 
I haven't had any problems yet, and I have brought quite a few up. I know there can be some problems, but I enjoy being able to bring some guns back up the drain, and put them back into Northern circulation.
 
Sometimes it works:

Bought my last antique from a FLA. dealer/pawnbroker that posted "no international".
He proved very reasonable to accepting my bid after some chat of the legalities concerning antiques in Canada. Probably didn't hurt that I was the only bidder.

Got an excellent deal on a better than described piece.

Important to have it all settled before you bid, and, ship by USPS.

He'll have your money before he sends it off to you, in any event.

Biggest concern is that many antique's would be classified as prohibited in Canada were they not to be accepted by customs as 'perscribed antiques'. Your RPAL would be useless to get them across the line, should that ever happen.

As an unsophisticated newbe, I stick to the common and predictible stuff. So far, so good.
 
If it qualifys as and antique, on both sides of the border, shipping should be no problem. I just had a 1884 Springfield shipped to me. If the dealer is lacking knowledge about shipping antiques, it might be a good indicator to shop elsewhere.
 
If it qualifys as and antique, on both sides of the border, shipping should be no problem. I just had a 1884 Springfield shipped to me. If the dealer is lacking knowledge about shipping antiques, it might be a good indicator to shop elsewhere.

Some people down there just don't want the perceived hassles. And sometimes there are hassles, even though it's an antique. Like it or not, that's the way it is. If a seller doesn't want to ship to Canada, you don't have much choice but to shop elsewhere.
 
Back
Top Bottom