no new cartridges released at SHOT?

tootall

Moderator
Moderator
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Location
BC
I did not hear of any new chamberings released this year.
(Truthfully, we probably dont need any new rounds, but since when did NEED become a requirement?)

Anyway, did anyone learn of any new cartridges at SHOT 2010?
 
I inquired of the Lapua guys about their 300 Lapua. Got a real interesting answer from them.
They have developed a prototype, but have not made any plans to introduce the caliber. HOWEVER their loading manual has all the loading data for it, I thought that was a bit odd.

Personally I think that with firearms and related sales being fairly strong over the last year or so the bigger manufacturers do not need to bring out any "new and improved uber cool" calibers in order to try and con us into buying new guns in new and unnecessary or redundant calibers.
 
I inquired of the Lapua guys about their 300 Lapua. Got a real interesting answer from them.
They have developed a prototype, but have not made any plans to introduce the caliber. HOWEVER their loading manual has all the loading data for it, I thought that was a bit odd.

Personally I think that with firearms and related sales being fairly strong over the last year or so the bigger manufacturers do not need to bring out any "new and improved uber cool" calibers in order to try and con us into buying new guns in new and unnecessary or redundant calibers.

Agreed. There's nothing you can't accomplish with the current offerings.

TDC
 
it'd be nice if 6.5 grendel or 6.8 spc got a little bit more widespread/affordable before anything else started appearing
 
it'd be nice if 6.5 grendel or 6.8 spc got a little bit more widespread/affordable before anything else started appearing

That is probably the reason.
Why would the average consumer buy anything new if all the relatively new stuff is floundering anyways.

You have your

30-06 and 308
270
223
7.62X39
WSMs
12G
20G
380ACP
9mm
40sw and 10mm
45ACP
357 and 38
44 and 44spec

and the bigger hunting stuff

Everything else is oddball/superflous.
 
Back
Top Bottom