Non-corrosive 7.62 X 39 in Canada?

emilio613

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Yes I know there is another thread here asking about brass re-loadable 7.62 with boxer primers.

All I am looking for is NON-corrosive...that's it. I know there is plenty of it in the states for dirt cheap, so why can't I get it here?

Wolf, and a bunch of East Euro companies sell it for almost the same price as corrosive ammo here....

So is there a supplier in Canada who sells the stuff? Preferably near Ottawa?
 
So let me get this right...... corrosive ammo is baby friendly but non-corrosive makes baby sad and as a result are not approved?

I am pretty sure there's more to it. haha. I mean, I was hoping you would have had the answer... I just was going along with the slowride's joke :p

Seriously, anybody know? Is it because of certain chemicals used in non-corrosive primers, or what? I mean I am pretty sure non-corrosive would use the same primers as all other non-corrosive on the market aka regular ammo.

Maybe the Czechs just need a place to dump all their ammo and our gov't made a deal with them haha.. block all other 7.62 ammo, and make sure we only buy theirs so they can stay in business. ;)
 
You CAN get non corrosive 7.62x39 in Canada , it is not cheap though it is almost up to 20 dollars a box , well for the S&B it is . I know there is also Privi Partisan I think thats the name of it , if I spelled it wrong sorry .
But you will not be able to find "cheap" non corrosive ammo here. Hope this helps.
 
yeah you gotta pay the big bucks for the stuff that babys are imperable to. lol
:ar15:-----$$$$ :p
i honestly have no idea why wolf is not allowed but i would love to have some
pvri partizan and S&B both sell soft point non corrosive brass cassed for 20 bucks most places, were i live, more like 28 bucks
 
Last edited:
People seem to have difficulty grasping the fact that Wolf is not a Russian company, it is an American one. An American company that so far has shown little interest in operating in other countries, especially ones with lots of rules.

Thus, the reason Wolf is not approved is that there is no one asking to get it approved.
 
People seem to have difficulty grasping the fact that Wolf is not a Russian company, it is an American one. An American company that so far has shown little interest in operating in other countries, especially ones with lots of rules.

Thus, the reason Wolf is not approved is that there is no one asking to get it approved.

The asking is just the start. There's a very onerous process required to get a given round approved (and the approvals are granted per round, not by manufacturer). 5+ pages worth of tech data is required before NRCAN will even start their testing protocols. Chemical comp of the power, internal external dimensions and a whole host of other detail is required to be submitted with samples for testing. It's a long, expensive process and given the relative size of the market up here it's not too tough for a given manufacturer to say f-it...
 
Back
Top Bottom