Noob question. Best ammo for CZ?

Kelsow

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Location
Halifax
I'm in the process of getting a CZ Shadow in 9mm
I plan to simply shoot only targets and we'll see where I go from that.
What is the most appropriate round for this model?

Thanks
 
Whatever is the cheapest. Any decent 9mm will feed most everything except hollowpoints, and semiwadcutters, but those are expensive anyways.

Cheapest bet is Lead Round Nose reloads from Wolf in kingston Ont. PM me for the web adress if you like. They are $240 shipped, but I am closer than you. Prolly under $300 bucks for 1000 rounds delivered to halifax. They also do FMJ for an extra fee.

Just stick to Round Nose and you will not have issues. Lead is just a bit cheaper, and it is available from commercial companies like PRIVI PATISAN or whatever it's called. Or just go with the Full Metal Jacket if you don't want any cleaning hassle.
 
I have a Shadow I'm going to reload for, and was doing some research over at the CZ Forum: http://www.czforumsite.info/index.php

Anyway, long story short, mlehtovaara is both right and wrong; it will reliably function with pretty much any common weight: 115gr, 124gr, even 147gr, but according to CZ, it's twist rate was designed to work best with 124gr. bullets. My own experience is that it fed SWC bullets just fine.

Well I scored 750 rounds of Winchester 147 GR. TCMC for 13 bux a box.

That's an excellent price these days. I paid $135.00 for a case (500) of Win white box 115gr a little over a year ago, and recently saw a thread where it had jumped to around $280.00/case.
 
Back
Top Bottom