Norinco 7.62x51 (pics, 56k warning)

redbonefish

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I got back from the range today and I found a box of Norinco 7.62x51mm (empty of course) and what I believe to be is a spent casing of this ammunition.

Can anyone please share some information about this ammunition? As I am curious to what the story is of this ammunition is. :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks.

dscf7412q.jpg


dscf7411.jpg


dscf7406.jpg


dscf7408w.jpg


dscf7409.jpg


dscf7410q.jpg
 
Produced at 791 (ChongQing ChangJiang) for the sporting market in the 90's. Still in production. Always worked well for me and accurate enough for government work.

What other details would you like?
 
Produced at 791 (ChongQing ChangJiang) for the sporting market in the 90's. Still in production. Always worked well for me and accurate enough for government work.

What other details would you like?

Thanks for the info.

I would like to know where you can buy some. Also is the casing made of steel?
 
Nowhere to buy it other than the odd box on a gun store shelf or gunshow. Copper plated steel case.

Huh weird, so how does this stuff enter Canada then? Also, since this stuff is steel case, you cannot reload it correct?

Thanks again for the help.
 
It probably entered Canada some years back, When chinese ammo was still on the approved list, And I'v reloaded steel cases as long as they were boxer primed.
 
Lever Arms was selling it for $170 / 500 a few years back.

I bought one of the last crates of 500. The salesman said I should really buy more. He was right :mad:
 
I have 1 box of this stuff leftover from years back...

How it compares to SA? For general plinking and fun, just fine.
Its on par with all Milsurp/sporting/generic ball. Nothing special, not target material but plenty accurate enough for what it is.
 
Back
Top Bottom