Norinco 7.62x51

Just clean your gun well after shooting corrosive ammo. This ammo says non-corrosive with steel cases, so not good for reloading.
 
So which brand ammo would be good for reloading assuming i would buy it to fire off and then reload it?

Any typical Winchester/Federal/BrandX ammo with brass casings and boxer-type primers that can be removed from the case with a standard decapping die. I sometimes buy the cheapo Federal "blue box" stuff.
 
I will be getting an ishapore 2a1 soon which takes 7.62x51 ammo and thought i could kill two birds with one stone by getting preloaded ammo then using it for reloading. Wouldnt the winchester and federal brands (im assuming in .308) be too much for my gun?
 
Buy S&B 147gr FMJ. It is pretty good overall, cheap and they have very nice brass for reloading! I actually use my s&b brass for all my handloads for my precision .308 after my M14 eats them first! I paid 179.99 for 200rds at P&D. They have a banner on here. Hope this helps.
 
just so you know, Norinco 'brass' isn't reloadable; in my experience it's what's called 'Berdan primed', needs a whole other pain-in-the-ass technique to reprime; don't even bother.

Plus the likelihood of corrosiveness? Shoot it off, clean the crap right outta your gun, then get some Remington or Federal ammo, empty it out :)50cal:) and proceed from there.

Nothin' but my 2 cents.
 
I will be getting an ishapore 2a1 soon which takes 7.62x51 ammo and thought i could kill two birds with one stone by getting preloaded ammo then using it for reloading. Wouldnt the winchester and federal brands (im assuming in .308) be too much for my gun?

Where did you get your rifle and what did it cost (if you don't mind sharing)? Phil.
 
I got the rifle from a CGN member. It looked to be in excellent condition so I paid 600 shipped. I probably overpaid but if i take care of it, it should keep it's value.

That seems like a fair price. I ask because I just sold my personal one to a customer I know for $400 but it was in pretty rough shape. I replaced it with a minty No 4 Canadian issue that just came into the store. Dianne says I still need to come with another of my own guns to make up the difference (that's the problem when your wife works in the store too and knows what things are worth). Thanks for the info hope your gun shoots well. Phil.
 
Plus the likelihood of corrosiveness? Shoot it off, clean the crap right outta your gun, then get some Remington or Federal ammo, empty it out :)50cal:) and proceed from there.

Nothin' but my 2 cents.


Norinco 308 is always non-corrosive. Actually all NATO ammo made by Norc are non-corrosive.

All Norc M43 after 90's are non-corrosive too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom