Norinco Sport 7.62x39

spacesaver

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I recently came into an almost full crate of Norinco Sport non-corrosive ammo and got to shoot some of it last week. Being used to the usual shoot/spray/clean cycle with surplus, was meaning to clean it as soon as I got home. Well, I forgot till this week, but the bore and the gas tube were actually really clean!! Even then it took so little to get the beasty clean that it was almost not worth the effort! Mind you I only fired @100 rounds but was totally stoked to find it so clean. Glad I got that crate!!:)
 
That's why this ammo is in so much demand lately. I only have 1 crate left and out of the 4 previous that I shot I would only clean my rifle after I was done the crate.
Side question is it the blue, silver, yellow or green box that you were using?
 
Must be nice! Everytime I send some Czech surplus downrange it usually results in a 2 hour teardown, its the dirtiest ammo I ever used. Cheers.
 
^

10-4

I've cleaned and cleaned... used boxes of swabs and bottles of solvent and still could not bring back a clean swab
 
Green box means it's good for hunting them variment's :)
This blue stuff is for lazy people like me;
white_and_blue_351_93_fmj.jpg

The trick is to get brake cleaner and watch your cleaning time get cut in half ;)
 
I still have several thousand rounds from the 80s that are non-corrosive. I use them when I only want to fire fifty or a hundred rounds. They are not any better shooting wise, but they re less corrosive. However, I clean my rifles the same whether they've been fed corrosive or not. It doesn't take hours to clean a rifle properly, nor do I clean them any different. I don't understand the hype about corrosive ammo? Use Ed's Red, and clean them all equally. No problem, regardless about ammo.
 
Back
Top Bottom