I never really had a hankering for BP firearms. After a visit to Gettysburg however, my interest was piqued. A number of stars aligned and, Voila, I have a brand new 1851 Navy in .36. Okay - i'ts a 1973 Armi San Paolo, but you know what I mean. So after viewing countless web sites and many u-tube videos, I felt somewhat ready. I loaded one chamber and tentatively blasted it off. A good solid hit on the target at 12 yds away, and my hand was still attached to my arm. I loaded another 5, and besides the mess from greasing the chambers, was still able to put the caps on (capping tool ordered).
another 6 rounds after that. All hits in the black with a fairly good grouping. That took me about 45 minutes, but it was fun.
So I don't see me doing this every weekend, but I will definitely keep doing it. I bring quite a lot of people, who don't shoot, to the range to share the sport - this is a definite item in the fun arsenal to get people interested.
Just some random musings.
another 6 rounds after that. All hits in the black with a fairly good grouping. That took me about 45 minutes, but it was fun.
So I don't see me doing this every weekend, but I will definitely keep doing it. I bring quite a lot of people, who don't shoot, to the range to share the sport - this is a definite item in the fun arsenal to get people interested.
Just some random musings.


















































