I don't think it is anything. Probablly handling marks from over the years. Banged up against a nail or something.
I'm more interested it what you are using for ammunition? If your using rim fire, where did you get it? Did you change the block out to shoot centre fire ammo. I've had a Peabody for years and it's the only weapon I own I've never fired.
Short knife, that is a nice '73. That 'DC' is nicely done and part of what makes the history of that rifle so interesting. DC will not appear on the Cody info, so we might as well make up some names. In that era, a common anglo saxon name was 'Dave'. Now we just have to make one up for the 'C'. It could have been Campbell. There. I've run out of ideas. I'm sure the rest of the list can come up with a truly impressive number of candidates for the 'C' or the 'D'. When it comes time to sell that '73. PM me.
If you back off that little screw that is closest to the receiver in the lower tang, it should ease the spring tension.before I shoot it, the mainspring must be replaced or lightened somehow
Three less post civil war Irishmen who came to Canada with full support of the U.S. government?
Both Confederate and Union Irish regiment members participated in the raids.
The then president of the U.S. ordered the U.S. armoury to supply arms and ammunition to them free.
A great gun, and a good reminder of one of the three times the U.S. has tried to take us over by force of arms.(1776, 1812, 1866-69)
We're still here and we're not going away!

hi cantom, i was one of those lucky ones who you graciously allowed to have a shot with those rifles. just wanted to say thanks again.
dave
ps from "conflicts that defined canada" by bill ####io regarding the battle of ridgeway
"the fenians did not have long to enjoy thier victory. with scouts bringing in news of a force of british regulars approaching from chippewa, O'Neill ordered a retreat from fort erie leaving 10 dead, 6 seriously wounded, and 63 prisoners behind him."
so definately more than one kia
When the Fenians returned to Ft Erie after Ridgeway they fought another engagement with a Cdn force that had arrived by steamboat.
The springfield I have for sale has 2 notches cut in the butt, I wonder??? BB



























