Cocked&Locked
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
- Location
- S. Ontario
Do NOT let your wife catch you flushing BP fouling out of your revolvers in the kitchen sink......
On the positive side the Uberti 1860 army revolver i just picked up shoots like a house on fire. I have to play with loads a bit, but with a light charge of 26 gn fffg, wonderwad and a hornady 454 ball it was shooting nice tight groups at 12 yards, 5 out of 6 balls touching! Have to play with the charge weights a bit and see how she hit's further out. I was surprised to have it point of aim right from the get go!
On the other hand i have to say i MUCH prefer stripping and cleaning the remingtons as compared to the colts and they don't eat caps, which brings me to.....
I also picked up a uberti pocket police, she's a much more temperamental beast. She seems to have a real appetite for ingesting caps and then seizing up. I didn't have a proper measure spout for the flask for he yet, so possibly the charge was a bit heavy,possibly splitting the caps off. There was lots of room over the ball when seated so it can't have been that heavy(almost .200 below the face of the cylinder seated over charge and wad.)
Does anyone else have one of these small 5 shot 36's? How did you find yours?
Have a good weekend everyone
On the positive side the Uberti 1860 army revolver i just picked up shoots like a house on fire. I have to play with loads a bit, but with a light charge of 26 gn fffg, wonderwad and a hornady 454 ball it was shooting nice tight groups at 12 yards, 5 out of 6 balls touching! Have to play with the charge weights a bit and see how she hit's further out. I was surprised to have it point of aim right from the get go!
On the other hand i have to say i MUCH prefer stripping and cleaning the remingtons as compared to the colts and they don't eat caps, which brings me to.....
I also picked up a uberti pocket police, she's a much more temperamental beast. She seems to have a real appetite for ingesting caps and then seizing up. I didn't have a proper measure spout for the flask for he yet, so possibly the charge was a bit heavy,possibly splitting the caps off. There was lots of room over the ball when seated so it can't have been that heavy(almost .200 below the face of the cylinder seated over charge and wad.)
Does anyone else have one of these small 5 shot 36's? How did you find yours?
Have a good weekend everyone


















































