Nuemann Bros "the interchangable"

taylor1

New member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anyone have much knowledge or information about an older double barrel shotgun I acquired. It is a Nuemann Bros "the interchangeable" however it has quite fancy checkering, metal work, and the grip on it actually has a lions head carved into it (professionally) it has Damascus steel so I'm assuming it is not safe to shoot with modern loads.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!!
 
Google little gun click identified craftsmen
Neuman late 19th cent on maker of wide range of arms
 
I have one as well. Was going to research it this summer.
Ill try and get some pics up later this week, be interesting to compare it.
Its been awhile since I looked at it, but IIRC there aren't any serial numbers on them.

OP, is your "Neumann Bros" or "Neumann Freres" (en francaise)?

Yeah, not advisable to shoot modern loads through it.
 
Mine is Nuemann Bros, however when i cleaned it i found some stampings on the metal of the gun where the barrel sits when the gun is closed.
 
Mine is Nuemann Bros, however when i cleaned it i found some stampings on the metal of the gun where the barrel sits when the gun is closed.

That is called the 'water table' and is the location of many of the proof marks of the gun. Can you take a picture that we can see? It will usually give all the details of the gun.
 
" The Interchangeable" markings came in when Belgium was starting to mass produce guns with different parts being able to interchange between gun.
Nuemann Brothers made guns in several price points but the main ones you see these days are lower level guns but fairly well made- I have two in my gun vault.
Cat
 
Back
Top Bottom