old 1894 Winchester help

mr_nuts31

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Toronto
I have a Winchester 1894 in 38-55 with a 5 digit serial number (61###) and I just replaced the firing pin because the old one snapped when I bought it. Once I replaced the firing pin and put it back together, the action jams up. Mainly when I pull the lever all the way forward, it locks up until I shake the lever a bit to bring it back to its original position. Anybody had this problem before and if so, what's the best way to fix it?
 
Did you have the lever removed from the receiver? If so, you may not have put the pin that holds the lever in place properly and it may be hitting on the inside of the receiver, or on that screw that you have to remove on the side.
 
Ok I found out what was wrong with it. turns out the ejector snapped where the ejector spring is held. Anybody know where I can find an ejector locally?
 
Not "locally" (depending on how you want to define that) but Numrich should have it:

h ttps://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Double up on some other stuff or their shipping can seem kind of steep.

Another good source for older & antique Winnie parts that I've found to be fantastic to deal with on finding obscure parts for my 1886:

h ttp://www.homesteadparts.com/

Good luck
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom