Old 30-40 Krag ammo question

10x

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Location
Peace River
I have come into several boxes of C-I-L / Dominion 30 U.S (30-40 krag not 30-06) The ammo is in factory boxes and never been opened. Does it have collector value?- the boxes are in very nice shape for having been in storage since 1945 or so. The ammo inside is tarnished evenly.
I don't particularly want to shoot this stuff very quickly if it is currently unobtainium.
 
If its in the condition you say it is then it has more value to a collecter.

I would think that. I was offered $20.00 a box for it (trade value not cash) by a "dealer". 30-40 brass from Higginsons is worth $25.00 / 50 plus shipping. This stuff comes with primer powder and bullets.
Methinks the empty box alone is worth $25.00 and I have seen the same stuff (full boxes, not as nice shape) at gunshows for $85.00 a box and up.
Individual cartridges were selling for $1.00- $3.00 a round. ( this was from the vendor that made me the offer. )
 
I would think that. I was offered $20.00 a box for it (trade value not cash) by a "dealer". 30-40 brass from Higginsons is worth $25.00 / 50 plus shipping. This stuff comes with primer powder and bullets.
Methinks the empty box alone is worth $25.00 and I have seen the same stuff (full boxes, not as nice shape) at gunshows for $85.00 a box and up.
Individual cartridges were selling for $1.00- $3.00 a round. ( this was from the vendor that made me the offer. )

If it were mine I would hang on to all of it,but thats just me.

I agree with some of the prices you quote from gunshows but most of that stuff travels about the country for years before it finds the guy willing to shell out one hundred dollars for an empty 25-20 box.
(doesnt seem to stop them from asking that much though)

My limit would be about 75.00 a box in good condition.
If it was an ultra rare caliber in Dominion boxes about 2X that.
 
If it were mine I would hang on to all of it,but thats just me.

I agree with some of the prices you quote from gunshows but most of that stuff travels about the country for years before it finds the guy willing to shell out one hundred dollars for an empty 25-20 box.
(doesnt seem to stop them from asking that much though)

My limit would be about 75.00 a box in good condition.
If it was an ultra rare caliber in Dominion boxes about 2X that.

It is complete boxes in .30-40 Krag -boxes marked CIL Dominion - yellow box blue stripe pre 1950 boxes are in fair to good shape with little wear but some age fading.
 
Back
Top Bottom