Old .303 British ammo - collectable?

LawrenceN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
248   0   0
I have 2 boxes each of Kynoch .303 and "Mastercraft" marked .303 soft point ammo. Obviously, the Canadian Tire stuff was made by some other company and marketed by Canadian Tire. I plan to just shoot it off and see how it performs. The Kynoch soft point stuff looks like surplus ball that was re-loaded by them, as "use once & throw away". The headstamp is "Kynoch 303" and it's Berdan primed. The Kynoch is 174 GR. spire point, and the Mastercraft is 180GR RN. Each box contains 10 rounds, so one full Lee Enfield mag. If someone wishes these as collector ammo, let me know what you can pay or trade as a fair deal. Otherwise, down range it goes!
DSCN0103.jpg
 
Last edited:
The Kynoch box resembles one I had for a pre-war Mauser sporter converted to some 9.x mm (fatter than 8x57). The oldtimer who gave me the rifle and ammo implied it had come to Canada as a war prize. Those two thoughts in minds, I'd suggest that cartridge would have been extra hard to acquire on the Prairies. So I'd suggest early post-war UK production for export. But as .303 BR, it is not rare, just odd.
 
No one'###pressed an interest in buying it, so I'll see what happens at the Orangville gun show on the 25th. If it don't move, I'll burn it off at the range. If it's a real performer, I'll use it for hunting.
 
Back
Top Bottom