Hi Guys,
I posted this a few days back in the ammo discussion section, but was not getting much by way of reply, thought maybe more people may see the post in this section. I recently picked up some old Dominion ammo for the collection at a gun show. All boxes are from the late 20s and early 30s. Got 2 boxes of regular 44-40 black powder, one 44-40 hollow point (kinda neat), and one box of what is labeled 44 I.X.L Shot. The first three are like new, with inspectors papers in the box, the box of Shot is still sealed. Can anyone tell me what I.X.L. means and what this ammo was for???? Never seen it before. Never seen hollow point 44-40 either.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks,
Matt
I posted this a few days back in the ammo discussion section, but was not getting much by way of reply, thought maybe more people may see the post in this section. I recently picked up some old Dominion ammo for the collection at a gun show. All boxes are from the late 20s and early 30s. Got 2 boxes of regular 44-40 black powder, one 44-40 hollow point (kinda neat), and one box of what is labeled 44 I.X.L Shot. The first three are like new, with inspectors papers in the box, the box of Shot is still sealed. Can anyone tell me what I.X.L. means and what this ammo was for???? Never seen it before. Never seen hollow point 44-40 either.
Thanks,
Matt
Last edited:


















































