old double barrel husqvarna shotguns

Usually a gun with non-rebounding hammers will have half #### positions for the hammers. A hammer resting on a firing pin is a situation that can lead to an unintended discharge.
 
I had one of these Husqvarna SXS hammer guns, with the under-lever. They are nice guns to shorten to legal over all length, no rod through the stock, and no top lever to cut the web of your hand. Also made a fitted padded case for it. Was for a friend travelling the back country a lot. It was a 2 3/4 inch fluid steel gun.
 
Hi: I read this post a while back, and found it interesting as I collect Husqvarnas from 1870 to 1970. I am posting some pics of three, I call them "Double Bossers" from my collection. I have others but these have the under lever and are hammer. These guns came from a time long long before Tradeex, Maybe even Ellwood Epps was a little boy. :) and are special to me because of where they came from or my experience with them and not because of value or what exact model they are. The top gun shown is a damascus 16 gauge gun my Uncle acquired from an old Swedish fella in his homesteading days. I have shot it with black powder only, about a 2 1/2 dram load and ounce of shot as I remember and of course my Uncle shot it. He believed all guns were to be shot. :) The barrels are a little thin to my liking and some pits, so it is in retirement. It has engraving and I love it. The second gun is my real sweet-hart It is 16 gauge, has steel barrels and I have shot ducks, geese, many huns and pheasants with it. using 2 3/4 smokeless loads even the old Imperial and Gevelot magnum loads. Now a days on account of the stupid steel shot garbage, it has retired from water fowl . The third gun is a quite plain 12 gauge , with steel barrels . when I acquired it, it was as new, had never been fired and is very very tight, I have just shot modern trap loads or equiv. in 5's or 6's. It shoots trap just fine however I think both barrels are full choke, seems like a pretty tight pattern or maybe I just can't hit clay birds anymore. :rolleyes: There has been some very good advice and info give on the other posts here, I am just adding my two cents of experience for fun. I will just say two things. 1. Please do not shoot your Double Bosser with any loads I have mentioned , follow Moocoon's advice for loads or have it checked out by a good gunsmith. Although the Swedish steel barrels are strong and I love my Huskys they were made in the "old days". 2. The hammers on these models of under lever are rebounding and unless you have the trigger pulled, they do not hit the firing pins. So are as safe as any hammer gun can be. I hope the original poster did get his double barrel and I recommend that anyone wanting a nice old double hammer gun to shoot, can't go wrong with a Husky. :cool: Cheers

404923598.jpg


404923601.jpg


404923600.jpg


404923599.jpg
 
Picture3-1.jpg


I picked up one of them a little over a year ago, haven't regretted the purchase.. 12 gauge just kicks a little hard for me. Definitely regret not getting one of their rolling block shotguns when they had them, though!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom