Old double bbl muzzle loader

kevin g

CGN frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Location
Hfx, Nova Scotia
HI NUTZ !!

Figured there'd be no better place than here to explore, find out and ask about this stock, set of double barrels and a box of pieces I got.

It is/was a double barrel muzzy..with exposed hammers, I'm assuming it took percussion caps(?)
The barrels are almost 33 inches long and are marked in the center pc...........IMPORTED BY W A Saunders - Boston
the sides are both marked....20 MERCHANT ROW

were these legit bp muzzies ??...or replicas possibly..??

it certainly looks fired and used from what I can tell... the nipples came out with very minimal effort..box sides and most of the metal work has light engraving.
I can see some smaller pcs /screws missing already on the inside boxes / sears etc..double triggers...but it looks like the majority of them are there.
original ramrod (far as I can tell) 4..proof stamps (?) or makers marks on the undersides of the barrels.

would these parts be of any use to any of the BP restoring community or rebuilders...BP clubs etc ? I thought it was a neat find and worthy of the 90 bucks spent....I low balled him for 10 bucks...lol

gonna try my damnest to get a few pics up here next :runaway:...if my ducks, the picture and IT gawwds are all lined up...I'll have a shot.
 
Last edited:
It's unlikely that anybody would ever have made a replica of a hardware store shotgun, made in the tens of thousands. We need to see the proof marks that you mentioned, but my guess is that they'll prove to be Belgian.
 
It's unlikely that anybody would ever have made a replica of a hardware store shotgun, made in the tens of thousands. We need to see the proof marks that you mentioned, but my guess is that they'll prove to be Belgian.

there are british proofs on the barrels in the top photos. As long as the barrels are not too pitted on the inside, would be a good project to restock and shoot. Also if replacing the nipples, there is a good chance that the thread is 1/4 x 26 tpi rather than the american 1/4 x 28 tpi

cheers mooncoon
 
thanks guys !!
..wouldn't be something for me to restore I don't think.....just something I grabbed at a junk sale figuring to save it from the heap and possibly move it forward / sell to someone who does that sort of stuff.


found a new home and possibly a reno for the old BP ! Thank you NUTz !!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom