Old 'goodie'

Johnn Peterson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Location
Chemainus B.C.
A gift of an old 'goodie' was given to me the other day. An old box of 100 "Super-Clean" 22 Rim Fire B.B.CAPS, made by C-I-L:). I seem to recall C.B.CAPS used to also be available and recieving these brings to mind the question, is anything in the way of B.B. or C.B. CAPS available today?
 
I remember BB caps, but I can't remember off hand if they're a step up or down from CB.

All I recall is that we used to shoot them into an Eatons Catalogue, (at the length of the kitchen, when Mom wasn't home!:D) and they'd only penetrate about half ways.
 
It's gotta' be about 40 years ago but I remember buying B.B. caps at the local hardware store but this box looks to be older than the ones I remember buying. This box is a cardboard colour with dark blue lettering. Living in town and by a creek, from time to time we'd get rats showing up. We'd bait them for a couple of days and then go to work on them with the B.B. Caps.
 
BB caps are primer powered. CB's have a wee bit of powder. Neither are exactly inexpensive, if you can find 'em. RWS CB/BB caps run $26.20US per 100, $120.90US per 500, Stateside. CCI's, running 23 fps slower than RWS ammo, runs $8.05US per 100. $40.21US per 500. Also Stateside prices.
A box of CIL BB caps likely have some collector value.
 
BB caps are primer powered. CB's have a wee bit of powder. Neither are exactly inexpensive, if you can find 'em. RWS CB/BB caps run $26.20US per 100, $120.90US per 500, Stateside. CCI's, running 23 fps slower than RWS ammo, runs $8.05US per 100. $40.21US per 500. Also Stateside prices.
A box of CIL BB caps likely have some collector value.

Could well be. I don't really have anything in particular planned for them as it was a bit of a 'suprise' getting them. I may save them for some 'reminiscent' rat plinking. If anyone's interested, PM me your e-mail address and I'll take a picture of the box and send it to you.
 
Back
Top Bottom