Old shotgun. What was it?

billbmcleod

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This may be the most ambiguous post out there.
Years ago in the early 60's my uncle had a shotgun that I am sure must have been some ancient rifle bored out. It was a bolt action 12 ga. As I remember and I would have been 12-14 yrs old the bolt handle had been shortened and the fore end wood was quite long. This probably was not a one of a kind so perhaps someone else has seen something like it. It would have been a cheap gun as he did not have a lot to spare. I just twigged on this reading about boring out .303 Br to a .410 shotgun.
I have a lot of time on my hands these days to think about this trivia.

Bill
 
This may be the most ambiguous post out there.
Years ago in the early 60's my uncle had a shotgun that I am sure must have been some ancient rifle bored out. It was a bolt action 12 ga. As I remember and I would have been 12-14 yrs old the bolt handle had been shortened and the fore end wood was quite long. This probably was not a one of a kind so perhaps someone else has seen something like it. It would have been a cheap gun as he did not have a lot to spare. I just twigged on this reading about boring out .303 Br to a .410 shotgun.
I have a lot of time on my hands these days to think about this trivia.

Bill

if it was a single shot it was most likely a conversion from something like a Mauser if not its most likely a bolt action made my Mossberg or Stevens/savage or marlin. they were fairly common back then kind of an Inexpensive hardware store gun.
 
Google Mauser Geha and see if that looks familiar

Other brands of the same thing, Remo Popular and Hard Hit Heart, chambered in 12 and 16. They’re silly cheap if you decide you need one. I shoot mine with RST low brass 2” shells, great little gopher gun once you learn the quirks with the bolt heads.
 
Back
Top Bottom