One of those posts...value NW RCMP lever

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
I'm kinda embarassed to do this.
But my Bro-in-law asked me for a hand valuing this piece. He's a good guy, done me a solid a few times.
Apparently it is as it seems...untouched.
Thought this forum might be best.

 
I am told, there were 2 versions made. The few RCMP centenials I have seen recently, in origianl box unfired are going for a low of 800 dollars up to 2,500 dollars.
 
Last edited:
Does it have the posters/paintings that are on the box...just curious as I have a set. Need a rifle to go with them...

I believe that the whole package is in the picture. He has said that he'll be attending the Gun Show in Medicine Hat that is coming up.
Notice the price? 219 $...a while ago I'm guessing.
 
I believe that the whole package is in the picture. He has said that he'll be attending the Gun Show in Medicine Hat that is coming up.
Notice the price? 219 $...a while ago I'm guessing.

Thanks for info....thinking that was the total price.....amazing,,,,,but as we see daily ......things have changed dramatically. Tell him I'll double that price to buy it!?! (LOL..of course!)
 
Your brother in law may need to manage his expectations a bit if he wishes to sell it at the show. There isn't as much desirability to collect these "limited edition" rifles. You can't expect this repro to fetch the same prices as an actual RCMP marked Winchester, or even a Winchester that is a contemporary. YMMV. Report back as to what it sold for.
 
x2 to Plinker777's comment, pretty doesn't mean big $$ and they aren't that scarce or even sought after (at least not in my neck of the woods). Seems there is a limited edition for any and every profession from Fire Fighters, First Responders, RCMP, etc. etc. etc.
 
I'm actually of the same opinion..the gold receiver always seemed tacky to me.
Most likely a waiting game, someone wants it...just got to wait til they find you. I'm on my way out to the lake to look at it, snap a few better pictures.
It does seem to be a rather complete unit though, which is somewhat rare...usually the box is dog-eared as heck.
Maybe I'll come up with a trade and put it up on the EE...time will tell.
And the gun show in the Hat is usually...umm...skinny on deals? Too many sharpers there for my liking...
" Jungle carbine...600 $... " Heck, I'm the one who sanded it down and put the mahogany stain on it as a youth! The only reason that I wanted it, lol.
Offer to trade an Antique F & W in 44 Webley for it..." 100 $ tops, not worth anything... "
Wanted to punch him in the throat on general principle...Shyster...
 
There are still places you can buy these new in box for 900$. I believe there are 2 serial number types, one for members and one for the public. The former would fetch more. I've seen them for sale usually around 1200$ area on our internal email, and usually take awhile to move.
 
There are still places you can buy these new in box for 900$. I believe there are 2 serial number types, one for members and one for the public. The former would fetch more. I've seen them for sale usually around 1200$ area on our internal email, and usually take awhile to move.
.... If one was a Member or even retired RCMP, you could buy them with your Regimental Number as the serial number, prefixed with MP, of the rifle. And if still serving, they could be ordered and purchased through Payroll Deductions. .... David K
 
It is unfired, but it was bought at the Bay. Went out and snapped some pictures yesterday, the box isn't perfect...but it seems to be all there and unfired. Still had some original wax on the hammer.
 
Back
Top Bottom