Open up choke for RB on a Damascus Drilling

Brutus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
118   0   1
My Prussian Hammer Drilling is presently at a trusted gunsmith. I am considering asking for him to open up the left barrel choke somewhat to allow the safe use of a RB in one of the 10 gauge barrels.
He said this is safely possible. My real fear is the outcome for a poorly performing grouping with solid shot at 50 meters or thereabouts along with the 45-70 barrel.
I'm thinking regulation of the muzzles is out of the question cost wise.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Decisions, decisions........lol
 
I just got off the phone with Nick and this shotgun is going to end up with slightly opened up chokes for shot loads.
Dents removed, face the action, bores polished at the same time.
3/4s choke (Imp-Mod) on the left and half choke (Skeet #2) on the right is the desired final result.
He thinks this shotgun is over choked in it's present state.

Seems the right could be used for RB in the end game, but that is probably not something I would do these days. Unless I hunt right in the heart of grizzly bear country, this shotgun will never see any RB hand loads.

PS: Thank you very much Cat for recommending this fine gentleman!
 
Back
Top Bottom