Original Eley Brothers percussion caps

gutinater

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 99.5%
203   1   0
Location
Edmontonia
I guy wants to sell me a dozen of these eley brothers percussion caps. At least half of the tins are sealed and full, some are open and full, a few are open with some caps missing. I cant find much information on these online as to when they were made or their value. What should a guy pay for something like this?

Caps_zpsd3c98f39.jpg
 
It looks like the paper labels are gone and over all condition is rough, if they are all the same...I am guessing that they were over-stock from when cartridges took over around 1870. They would be a great addition (with some restoration) to a cased revolver set.
How much are they worth? Can't help you with that..make the guy an offer that you feel is reasonable and see what happens.
 
That is a good price, I would be interested in a tin to try on an old gun that I have that won't take #11 caps as they are too small. If you go ahead and buy them and want to sell a tin or two send me a PM.
 
Ill told buddy I'd take all of it. Im on my way to vegas tomorrow so I should have it in a couple of weeks. Any idea as to what the heck the reloading equiptment is for? Buddy things its for shotshells?
 
They are for roll crimping paper hulls but you can use them to roll crimp plastic if you cut the hulls back a bit.Shot with a over shot card or slugs.One on the left is probably 1940's,on the right maybe 20's.I think $20.00 to $30.00 a piece on a good day.
 
Back
Top Bottom