I have been trying to find out when this original Remington New Model Army Revolver s/n 107274 was manufactured.
I have posted stuff on the Remington 1858 .com site and Remington Society Forum…and I am still waiting for an answer.
Apparently Don Ware’s book deals with this subject …but I don’t own it.
Anyway…it caused me to put some photos together that I had in my achieves that might be of interest to some people regarding these guns.
David
Orville W. Ainsworth (O.W.A.) final acceptance stamp on the left grip of this gun.
Some of the markings on the revolver and holster.
E. ###lord's manufacturer's marking on the holster.
They were major holster manufacturers during the Civil War.
The gun by itself. s/n 107274.
I have posted stuff on the Remington 1858 .com site and Remington Society Forum…and I am still waiting for an answer.
Apparently Don Ware’s book deals with this subject …but I don’t own it.
Anyway…it caused me to put some photos together that I had in my achieves that might be of interest to some people regarding these guns.
David
Orville W. Ainsworth (O.W.A.) final acceptance stamp on the left grip of this gun.
Some of the markings on the revolver and holster.
E. ###lord's manufacturer's marking on the holster.
They were major holster manufacturers during the Civil War.
The gun by itself. s/n 107274.


















































