Original Rem. 1858 with cartridge converter installed

DEZ

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well here she is finally got one done this is a Kirst cartridge converter in 45acp the bore on my pistol is .454 grove diameter so I just use .454 colt bullets in the 45acp cases or in shortend 45 Scholfeild cases I found that I prefered the Scholfeild cases . the two things I had to do to make this work was #1 shorten the cylinder by .002 and#2 I had bought a new hand incase the timing required adjustment and I didn't want to bugger the original one I did have to install the new hand .Function is great and seems to shoot well but more trials on the weekend. I include pics of the shortend 45Scholfeild next to the 45 acp.
P9300012.jpg

P9300005.jpg
[/IMG]
P9300011.jpg
 
Good Work Dez.
Are ya gona grind out the side of the frame so you can use that Loading gate?
Be nice then attach a ejector you got a winner there.
People dont realize how strong theses old Remys are.
 
+1 on the ejector!
makes life a whole lot easier
I built the one for my new model army outta a push rod and a piece of bar-b-q rack :D
you can buy them too...if you wanna...I guess...

Code:
http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/2,303.html

and you can likely use cut down 45Colt brass too...IIRC there is only 5 thou difference at the web...
I just built some .450 Adams rounds with 45LC brass.
 
Good Work Dez.
Are ya gona grind out the side of the frame so you can use that Loading gate?
Be nice then attach a ejector you got a winner there.
People dont realize how strong theses old Remys are.

I haven't decided yet as it is still although not pristine a good solid original gun that in a matter of minutes I can turn back to all original cap and ball I have a hard time permanently altering it its the collector in me.
 
I haven't decided yet as it is still although not pristine a good solid original gun that in a matter of minutes I can turn back to all original cap and ball I have a hard time permanently altering it its the collector in me.

You can just Pop out the Cylinder and Reload it if ya had Another one i bet you could take out the Empty one put in the Full one faster than a Guy Ejecting and then Reloading one.
I think Clint did that in Pale Rider. ;)
 
It was pale Rider cause i just Watched it.
Perhaps he does it in JW to i cant Remember.

I bought a VHS tape at the Salvation Army the other day called
ZULU DAWN it was a great Movie better than that other Zulu movie with micheal Cain.
This one seemed more Real.
I never seen it before.
I always am looking for old VHS Tapes of the old westerns or History pieces.
 
I bought a VHS tape at the Salvation Army the other day called
ZULU DAWN it was a great Movie better than that other Zulu movie with micheal Cain.
This one seemed more Real.
I never seen it before.
I always am looking for old VHS Tapes of the old westerns or History pieces.

That's kinda funny - I just watched that for the first time myself last week. Watched Zulu one day, and then Zulu Dawn the next. Both movies used Webley Mark VI revolvers - the officers must have had a time machine. :D
 
That's kinda funny - I just watched that for the first time myself last week. Watched Zulu one day, and then Zulu Dawn the next. Both movies used Webley Mark VI revolvers - the officers must have had a time machine. :D

Funny that you mention that... I was reading something to that effect just the other day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ZuluWebley.JPG


Webley made more than just guns... they made time machines as well! :rockOn:
 
Well here she is finally got one done this is a Kirst cartridge converter in 45acp the bore on my pistol is .454 grove diameter so I just use .454 colt bullets in the 45acp cases or in shortend 45 Scholfeild cases I found that I prefered the Scholfeild cases . the two things I had to do to make this work was #1 shorten the cylinder by .002 and#2 I had bought a new hand incase the timing required adjustment and I didn't want to bugger the original one I did have to install the new hand .Function is great and seems to shoot well but more trials on the weekend. I include pics of the shortend 45Scholfeild next to the 45 acp.
P9300012.jpg

P9300005.jpg
[/IMG]
P9300011.jpg

Are you using smokeless loads?
 
Back
Top Bottom