P.D.LUNESCHLOSS SOLINGEN 9mm pinfire (pics in post) (new pics 12/17/2009)

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
P.D.LUNESCHLOSS SOLINGEN 9mm pinfire what are they worth?when where they made

picked up one last week , what do you know about it?>

2362_128733780701_657550701_5889556_6317_n.jpg

n657550701_5889570_7053.jpg
 
Last edited:
I don't think you would be making a mistake in refinishing those guns. If anything you would probably increase their value by perhaps as much as the cost of rebluing them.

cheers mooncoon
 
Great looking pinfire there! when I can afford it I want one "or 2" of those, classy looking things

You should clean it up and take it out shooting!! Loading your own shells shouldent be so much of a pain!!



Im no expert here but as of late I have been really looking at pinfires I see them go for 100 - 800$$ and I have really no idea "aside from condition" what makes some that look very nice go for cheap while some real crappy ones go for alot??

Either/or

Your pinnie looks like it may clean up to be something special!
Does the mechanism work??


Rob
 
Last edited:
You should clean it up and take it out shooting!! Loading your own shells shouldent be so much of a pain!!

The small caliber pinfire revolvers that I own have relatively weak hammers and I was unable to get them to fire the primer on my homemade shells. At some point I intend to try making a new shell with a square recess for the upside down #11 percussion cap because I think that the cylindrical recess in my first attempt soaked up too much of the hammer blow. On the larger caliber pinfires that I have owned, the hammers were much stronger and enough to fire the primers. It is important that the pins are copper or brass to avoid damaging the hammers.
Locally the small ones sell for $75 to $100 unless they are particularly spectacular in some way.

cheers mooncoon
 
I would carefully clean them up, get them working and thats all. Re-blueing makes it worth less and takes away the mystique.

i know re-blueing makes them worth less , but i want it to look like a new gun
i payed $250.00 for all 3 of the guns , so i am sure ill make some $$ on them if i wanted to sell them

i am now done reblueing the 9mm pin fire looks like new . it cleaned up real nice , no deep pits , i have the 9mm pin fire reloading kit maybe ill give it a try. :D

for the other 2 32rim fires , maybe ill post them forsale for $100 +- each what do you think there worth? (all i wanted was the 9mm pin fire when i got them)

the pin fire has a broken triger return spring
 
Last edited:
How about an after pic of the pinfire? It's a nice piece. What make is the spur trigger .32? Looks like it should be worth something too.

defender 89 32RF going to put this one forsale soon. looks like the cyclinder is not turning. did not look it it much yet .

ill post pics of them 9mm pin fire monday when i get the cam from my work
 
I think you did a great job on that gun! looks great.
The fact its half brass makes it looks Ex if it were all blue it would not look as good.
 
Yes, I'll take back what I said in my previous post about not redoing the pinfire. It looks great. Looks like you are reblueing the snubbie too.
I think you would do OK in the EE.

yes i am playing with it , but i think the barrel is bent... (looks to be over to the right 1-2MM or so) or maybe its my eyes or maybe to much :onCrack:
 
Ya this is a good Thread for people wondering if they should Refinish there Antiques.
In the case of this pin fire its gone from a rough looking gun to a very nice looking unit id say .
Not all guns values are hurt from a nice clean up.

High end guns or History Related pieces unless in very rough condition should be Left alone tho.

Good job Starpuss!
 
BUMP

i uploaded new pic's seeing the old ones did not work no more.

o ya... i sold the gun over a year ago Local for 450.00 then the guy resold it for ??? then i seen it at a local gun show for $650.00 witch then it sold for that..

i did try to shoot it. but like most old pin fires the hammer was weak but it still did the job!
 
Back
Top Bottom