vstarclassic
Member
- Location
- South Shore, Nova Scotia
Hello All,
Recently picked up a P53 Enfield musket. This is what I have gleened so far. 1861 manufacture, lock has crown with no VR underneath, Tower stamped. W Greener on inside of lock. Barrel is labeled BURR and also W Greener stamped. No proofing. It is marked 24 on the barrel ( true58 cal) Barrel bands are the split with screw and lock nut. Wood is very figured like European walnut. Stock has JWJW stamped just before the rear trigger tang. No anchor evident, or circle SH on tang by nipple ( pitted there). Can I assume this is a Confederate contract rifle and that it is London Manufacture. Fitting is beautiful on all components. Any help and value would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Greg
Recently picked up a P53 Enfield musket. This is what I have gleened so far. 1861 manufacture, lock has crown with no VR underneath, Tower stamped. W Greener on inside of lock. Barrel is labeled BURR and also W Greener stamped. No proofing. It is marked 24 on the barrel ( true58 cal) Barrel bands are the split with screw and lock nut. Wood is very figured like European walnut. Stock has JWJW stamped just before the rear trigger tang. No anchor evident, or circle SH on tang by nipple ( pitted there). Can I assume this is a Confederate contract rifle and that it is London Manufacture. Fitting is beautiful on all components. Any help and value would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Greg
Last edited:


















































