Page Lewis Model A Target ID Help

HuskyDude

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Location
Interior BC
Recently purchased a Page-Lewis model A Target.
It was missing the firing pin, which I made.
But I'm not quite sure if the pin that moves the extractor is OEM or home made.
Is there suppose to be a spring? And why is it so long? Extending at least a 1/4" down in front of the Lever handle.
Wondering if there is another part missing.
Kinda looked for a schematic...but didn't find much.

Any help would be appreciated .

Woa5GnO.jpg


8bOsGe5.jpg


lJbXGD5.jpg


abuYyj6.jpg
 
HuskyDude I am a long way from my deHass book and its excellent drawings but similar extractor setups always had a spring to keep the actuator pin up against the sliding extractor.
Sorry I can't be more specific than that.
 
It's all good!
I commandeered an old BIC pen. (Stronger spring)
Cut it to length, works like a charm.
Need to get to the the range and test her out!!

Two Stevens Marksman 12 /Page Lewis A Target

N58Hxt2.jpg
 
I chuckled all to myself over the subject of saving BIC springs. I thought I was alone with that particular character flaw.

HD, nice little group there. Back when they were made, the Favorites were the most sought after of the Stevens boy's rifle line but my Marksman gets much more use than my Favorites. Kids love to learn on them , they are very handy, and they are a much stronger action. But a BIC spring won't fit over the cocking plunger lol.
 
I chuckled all to myself over the subject of saving BIC springs. I thought I was alone with that particular character flaw.

HD, nice little group there. Back when they were made, the Favorites were the most sought after of the Stevens boy's rifle line but my Marksman gets much more use than my Favorites. Kids love to learn on them , they are very handy, and they are a much stronger action. But a BIC spring won't fit over the cocking plunger lol.

Anyone else salvage BIC lighter springs also? (LOL)
 
Back
Top Bottom