Painting Dummy Rounds

redbonefish

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I am making some dummy rounds. So far I am wondering what type of paint I should use on my dummy brass. Would lacquer or primer be good paint to use on my brass for my experiment? Also would the paint scrape off the brass and cause issues with my gun?

Thanks. :dancingbanana:
 
I wouldn't paint them as it will just end up in your chamber(s).
I've drilled holes in the sides of the casings of mine to easily ID them.
 
Another idea is to drill out the primer pocket - all the way through.

I agree with beltfed - paint will just scrape off and mess your mechanism. On the other hand, if these are just for display as opposed to practice, then polishing them and applying a light coat of clear spray lacquer will keep them shiny longer.
 
Another idea is to drill out the primer pocket - all the way through.

I agree with beltfed - paint will just scrape off and mess your mechanism. On the other hand, if these are just for display as opposed to practice, then polishing them and applying a light coat of clear spray lacquer will keep them shiny longer.

I could try that as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom