When I was at a BPCR silhouette match last summer, I asked Kirk Bryan of Shiloh Sharps about shooting Paper Patched bullets in a modern grease groove barrel.
Kirk said “try it, you maybe surprised.”
Today I tried it and was surprised.
I used a Kal-tools mould to cast two weights of bullets, 536 & 591 gr. , .441”.
The bullets were patched to .451” seated .375” into a 45-70 Rem. case with 75 grs. of Goex FFg and a .050 CB wad.
The 536 gr. shoot into a 1.25” grp. And the 591gr. into a 2.25” grp. At 100yds. from a rest.
I used my Shiloh Sharps with a MVA scope. This is the first time I have shot patched bullets out of this gun.
Has anyone shoot PP’s in GG chambered rifles?
Kirk said “try it, you maybe surprised.”
Today I tried it and was surprised.
I used a Kal-tools mould to cast two weights of bullets, 536 & 591 gr. , .441”.
The bullets were patched to .451” seated .375” into a 45-70 Rem. case with 75 grs. of Goex FFg and a .050 CB wad.
The 536 gr. shoot into a 1.25” grp. And the 591gr. into a 2.25” grp. At 100yds. from a rest.
I used my Shiloh Sharps with a MVA scope. This is the first time I have shot patched bullets out of this gun.
Has anyone shoot PP’s in GG chambered rifles?


















































