Paper shotshell wads for trap?

ktm300

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Does anyone know if winchester (or other ammo makers) make a target load using anything other than plastic wads? Their website doesn't say anything about wad material.

I'm just getting sick of the plastic wads all over my property! Paper (cardboard) would be nicer.
 
Does anyone know if winchester (or other ammo makers) make a target load using anything other than plastic wads? Their website doesn't say anything about wad material.

I'm just getting sick of the plastic wads all over my property! Paper (cardboard) would be nicer.

Don't know of any factory shells with paper wads but can tell you with a large 60L shop vac you can sure clean up the plastic ones in a few hours plus it doesn't hurt your back from bending over so much.
We do it here maybe twice a year and makes a huge difference. take care
 
Hmmm, I thought somebody told me I could get them.

Wish I could remember who said that, and where to get 'em!

Might start re-loading, but, they are so cheap from LeBarons I can't bring myself to invest in the gear.
 
Shotshell wads

If you Google Precision Reloading, you will find that they sell cards and felt wads etc in the US. The site also states that they cannot ship them to Canada and there isn't any explaination as to why not. Seems the US Government is slowly shutting down anything related to reloading also.
 
Does anyone know if winchester (or other ammo makers) make a target load using anything other than plastic wads? Their website doesn't say anything about wad material.

I'm just getting sick of the plastic wads all over my property! Paper (cardboard) would be nicer.

Kent Gamebore markets shotshells with fibre wads. Don't know about the availability here in Canada. Windrows of wads and spent plastic cases on the marsh every fall. Can't believe the industry has not been mandated to produce more biodegradable products.
 
If you are looking into reloading your own you might check out
w w w.bilozir.net
He is based in the Calgary area and is a distributor for Balistic Products ( http://w w w.ballisticproducts.com/ ). He stocks traditional fiber wads, etc. Bilozir stocks almost all the shotshell reloading components that BP has in the USA, plus he himself is knowledgable on reloading. He also stocks a variety of shotshell reloading books.
Good luck!
 
I agree with ya M12shooter. I can't believe that either! everybody going so "green" (still confused as to what that means), you think they would make more enviro-friendly wads and shells.
 
For those of you that still buy reading material...I read an artical that Remington is the only manufacture that makes paper hull ammunition for trap shooters...weather you can buy it,I do not know!!
 
Back
Top Bottom