Parker Black Powder Muzzleloader shotgun

fatboyz

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have a Parker Field and Sons SXS muzzle loading shotgun that appears to be a 20 gauge. It has engraved locks and hammers, is complete and is in good+ condition. I've never shot it but took it to a gunsmith and he scoped the barrels and said it's safe to shoot. Anybody know much about these or what it's worth?
Thanks
 
Roughly $300.00 give or take. Probably $400.00 tops if it's english and not a Belgian knock off. Need to see pics of the gun and proof marks. It has no relation to Parker Bros. shotguns from the US. I also doubt it is 20 gauge. Likely 14 or 24 gauge.
 
Last edited:
In my experience most of those guns are 16 gauge. Fun to shoot and pretty basic really. A pic of the proofmarks on the underside of the barrel would be helpful. If it is a 16 and you decise that you want to shoot it, I have tons of wads and would be happy to send you enough to give it a try.
 
It may very well be a .20gauge i have an english muzzleloading .20 here and have seen a few.

Underside of barrels may denote the bore. Or mic the ends of the barrel.

Cheers, McLean
 
Yes it was, considering .20 gauge is .62!caliber ad was very popular in trade guns and many other guns of the time.

Would love to see some pics of this parker though haha!!!

Cheers, McLean
 
Have one made in 28 guage so that just about covers them all. The proofs on mine are Birmingham. Well made guns-just fairly basic . Value higher for smaller bores from 350- on up , at least in my area. Cheers
 
Parker Field and Sons made reasonable quality guns; I certainly would not fault the maker if it has been well maintained. I think double barrel shotguns both muzzle and breach loading are underappreciated and often seem underpriced for their quality

cheers mooncoon
 
Parker Field and Sons made reasonable quality guns; I certainly would not fault the maker if it has been well maintained. I think double barrel shotguns both muzzle and breach loading are underappreciated and often seem underpriced for their quality

cheers mooncoon

Agreed. Many vintage guns are undervalued in this country and, in my humble opinion, not appreciated for the handmade works of art that some of them are. Guess it's good if you are buying though.
 
Back
Top Bottom